A present for Christmas babies!

[caption id="attachment_847" align="aligncenter" width="256"]This gorgeous Christmas decoration comes courtesy of Penny Alexander at A Residence This gorgeous Christmas decoration comes courtesy of Penny Alexander at A Residence[/caption]

Celebrating your birthday on Christmas day can be a trial (although you do share it with Humphrey Bogart and Annie Lennox), but help is at hand! I was amused to see that Hotels4U has a gift for all Christmas babies, a free hotel stay. I wonder, do they know how expensive this may get? Around 2,000 babies are born in the UK each day...

The idea is that the gift will make up for having your birthday overshadowed year after year. So, if you were born on 25th December, call 0844 875 3455 before 31st January 2015 and quote the promotional code "H4uXmas14".

“Christmas should be all about sharing – unless that's sharing your birthday!" said Tim Bekir Commercial Manager at Hotels4u.com. "That’s why this year we wanted to give Christmas babies a special treat so they can celebrate their birthday in style.”

There are 8,000 hotel rooms to choose from and you can find out more via their website.

Happy birthday (oh, and merry Christmas!)

Labels: , , , ,

Family Travel Times: A present for Christmas babies!

Wednesday 10 December 2014

A present for Christmas babies!

[caption id="attachment_847" align="aligncenter" width="256"]This gorgeous Christmas decoration comes courtesy of Penny Alexander at A Residence This gorgeous Christmas decoration comes courtesy of Penny Alexander at A Residence[/caption]

Celebrating your birthday on Christmas day can be a trial (although you do share it with Humphrey Bogart and Annie Lennox), but help is at hand! I was amused to see that Hotels4U has a gift for all Christmas babies, a free hotel stay. I wonder, do they know how expensive this may get? Around 2,000 babies are born in the UK each day...

The idea is that the gift will make up for having your birthday overshadowed year after year. So, if you were born on 25th December, call 0844 875 3455 before 31st January 2015 and quote the promotional code "H4uXmas14".

“Christmas should be all about sharing – unless that's sharing your birthday!" said Tim Bekir Commercial Manager at Hotels4u.com. "That’s why this year we wanted to give Christmas babies a special treat so they can celebrate their birthday in style.”

There are 8,000 hotel rooms to choose from and you can find out more via their website.

Happy birthday (oh, and merry Christmas!)

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 10 December 2014 at 07:14 , Anonymous Louisa said...

That's a very generous idea from the hotel. My cousin's birthday is Xmas eve but he always has to celebrate it a few weeks early so it doesn't get 'lost' in the Christmas celebrations.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 07:30 , Anonymous Mellissa Williams said...

Makes me wish I was born on Christmas day now :) Very generous of them I must say.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 07:35 , Anonymous ninjacat said...

What a generous gift from a hotel chain , I feel the Christmas pain a bit as my birthday is on the 5th of December.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 08:14 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Although of course they'll feel missed out again next year!

 
At 10 December 2014 at 08:14 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Yes, I think it's best to avoid birthdays from December to the end of January if at all possible (I say that because mine is in June!)

 
At 10 December 2014 at 12:01 , Anonymous Spidermummy said...

Oooh what a cool idea! I always feel sorry for my nephew who's birthday is Christmas Eve! x

 
At 10 December 2014 at 12:28 , Anonymous Christine said...

Ah, I think they should offer it for January babies too. My birthday is mid-January - just when everyone else is skint or on a diet!

 
At 10 December 2014 at 12:33 , Anonymous emma (My lIttle 3 and Me) said...

Wow, what a generous offer from them! I'm sure they'll get snapped up.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 14:58 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Yes, that's just as hard a time to have a birthday I think (though perhaps Boxing Day is worse!)

 
At 10 December 2014 at 14:58 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Jess's birthday is the same - not the best time, though I guess that's my fault!!

 
At 10 December 2014 at 15:04 , Anonymous Rachel said...

Shame it doesn't count if you got married on Christmas Day like me x

 
At 10 December 2014 at 15:05 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Yes, I definitely think it should do! Happy anniversary (and happy Christmas!)

 
At 11 December 2014 at 02:52 , Anonymous Globalmouse said...

Wow what a great offer! Nice idea too...makes me wish I was born on Christmas day....almost!

 
At 11 December 2014 at 04:08 , Anonymous agatapokutycka said...

No December birthdays for us... nice offer for everyone born around festive season

 
At 12 December 2014 at 01:32 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

I agree with you - about the almost!

 
At 12 December 2014 at 01:41 , Anonymous Chris said...

As a Christmas Day baby I shall try to take advantage of this. Though I think my mother deserves it more than me.

 
At 12 December 2014 at 06:21 , Anonymous Anthony said...

The offer is actually not that generous. I am born on Christmas Day and just phoned them up on the number they state. The first person had no idea about the promotion - even when I quoted the code - and said she'd put me through to someone who did. She didn't - I was just put back in the call queue. I phoned again and the guy I spoke to knew about the promotion but said they hadn't been given information to know whether any of the 5k was still in the pot - so you have to book, pay and just risk it on getting the refund. So while it's a nice idea for all the Christmas babies out there, it's not such a great promotion after all.....

 
At 12 December 2014 at 07:25 , Anonymous Sarah Ebner said...

Okay, that's not good at all. If they're going to offer something like this, they clearly need to tell the staff properly and deal with it in the right way too. Hope it works out. Thanks for your comment.

 
At 12 December 2014 at 08:20 , Anonymous Cass@frugalfamily said...

What a great idea - now i wish I was born on Christmas Day too x x

 
At 12 December 2014 at 15:33 , Anonymous Pinkoddy said...

Ah my son being overdue means that he missed out then

 
At 13 December 2014 at 02:55 , Anonymous Kara said...

What a lovely gesture!!

 
At 14 December 2014 at 12:27 , Anonymous Joanna Sormunen said...

I know people who have been born around Christmas time and they are not at all happy about it. It's hard especially for a child.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home